Sunday, February 3, 2008

My last Saturday

Went to the Greek Masterpiece Exhibition from the Lourve Museum today. The exhibition is touring the world coz the Lourve is under renovation. So it's a once in a lifetime chance to see it in Singapore. Beautiful pieces on display. It's amazing how something as solid as marble brought to life. The most amazing was how the sculptors managed to make cloth not look solid but fluid and flowing. And also the graceful curves of the body, especially the nape of the neck.

5 more days to go and I don't feel any excitement. Bought myself a Canon Ixus 860i in preparation for the trip. Getting a camera also means that I can rely on myself to provide pictures for this blog! Yay!

Given quite a bit of thought before buying this camera. Pay $669 in established electrical shops like Best Denki or Harvey Norman or pay $600 in a small independent electronic shop called Parisilk in Holland V? Only difference is that for $69 more, I could get a whole lot of stuff that sounds good but I don't think I'll need it. (like a mini tripod). The only extra freebee that I want is the camera case.
In the end, I bought it in Parisilk, paid an extra $18 for a camera case, took the $51 I saved and blew it on a dinner at Da Paolo. Had the heavenly Caprese for starter (fresh tomatoes and mozzarella), the teeth staining squid ink spaghetti for mains and washed it down with an italian red. On the whole this Saturday was fulfilling!

No comments: