Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jap & Italiano meals over the weekend!

Had 2 good meals over the weekend. The first was at Sun Restaurant in CHIJMES. My main course was the Beef Sukiyaki. It was good. Beef was fresh,

broth was delicious... But what stood out wasn't my main course.

It was the appetizers! Had the salmon belly wrapped in soy skin (if I didn't remember wrongly) and topped with fish roe. It was heavenly! The soy skin was crisp and salmon belly melted in my mouth!

The next great appetizer was the fried king prawns in avocado cream sauce. Wah! Just delightful! (pity the $600 camera's auto focus was on the basket containing the parwns instead of the main dish itself..) I think I should have made a meal out of the appetizers! The next time, I'm ordering the teriayaki foie gras. Think it's $18 for 3 tiny delicate pieces, hope it'll be as good as those I ordered on Friday.

Then on Sat, I went down to Da Paolo and had their Duck liver and mushrooms pasta. It was a plate of heaven.

No comments: