Monday, May 19, 2008

My Newest Toy

This is the Nokia E51 non-camera. All the functions of a typical 3G phone, WITHOUT THE CAMERA! Yay! Plus, it's one of the slimmest 3G phones in the market. I hate those slide or flip phones. oh... I think I have to address the mug of Asahi propping up the phone. Went to this Jap BBQ restaurant, Gyu Kaku, on Saturday. And that's where the beer was ordered.

The restaurant is known for their Wagyu beef. Curious to know what Wagyu beef was, (I've seen it pop up a few times including in an advertisement for Pan Pacific Hotel for a all-you-can-eat meat buffet) I Wiki-ed it:

Wagyu (和牛 wagyū?) refers to several breeds of cattle genetically predisposed to intense marbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat.

Then further down the article, it says that the cattle even feeds on beer and sake!! Woa! Imagine, going to a farm in Japan and seeing a herd of drunken cows grazing in the fields. Gives a whole new meaning to Mad Cow.

Anyway, my dining companions don't take beef, so I didn't order it. Oh, and Wagyu beef is pretty expensive too. Think I'll only go there when I'm feeling rich.

No comments: