Monday, July 21, 2008

New Short Term Goal


Call it a one-third life crisis. Today I signed up for the Standard Chartered Marathon! People asked me why. I say, it's my Everest. 42.195km, 26.22miles, many hours of training, hopefully a sexier body after.

But one thing that vexed me is that the collection of the race entry pack is at Singapore Expo! It's so bloody far from where I stay! Can't they just have the option of mailing the entry pack to my home? I'll gladly pay a fee for that service. Going down to Expo will take up so much of my time...

Oh... now I need new exercise clothes and shoes.. Must look good on race day. Coz there's a clause that participants must agree to that goes something like - Race organisers have the right to take pictures of the participants when they are running and publish it for promotional purposes!! What if my picture is taken?? Must learn the art of looking good while dead tired after running a marathon. And I think having a nice running clothes and shoes helps.

No comments: