Sunday, August 17, 2008

14 years later...



Last week, I met up with my primary 6 classmates for the first time in 14 years! Location was at KM8 in Sentosa's Tanjong Beach.

I graduated from Nan Hua Primary School in 1994 and mainly coz I was the only chap in my class that went to ACS(I), I kinda lost contact with them. Then suddenly Zicong called me on a Friday evening at 4pm and told me that they are meeting that very night, I felt I must meet up with them to see how everyone is.

Well, after 14 years of not meeting, what topics have we got in common to talk about? Mainly just reminiscing about primary school days, the teachers, the pranks and the much simpler life we had. Then I realised, I was pretty much the guai kia in primary school! Never pon-tang classes or go roaming at Clementi central after class.

No one was holding a particularly exciting job or accomplished anything outstanding... (other than perhaps coming 1st runner up in that singing competition!) It made me think, how have I spent my 14 years? And what have I to show after all these years?

Nonetheless, it was a good time catching up with them. Bunch of easy going and sincere people. You can bet the next outing with them won't be in another 14 years! In the mean time, I'll try to dig up my pri 6 class photos!

1 comment:

OlderButWiser said...

Nice to meet old friends eh.. and wat the hell happened to jon's hair?!