Monday, December 22, 2008

Our gift of education

I am trained as an Engineer. I have no medical background but that did not stop me from conducting some personal hygiene lessons for the kids there.

The lesson (which I prepared from research from the internet) was focused on germs and how washing hands can keep them from making us sick. See the pictures? All drawn by my mommy and coloured by my cell group!

The lesson was followed by a practical session on hand washing!

We dirtied their hands with paint and they were supposed to wash them off!

Head lice is also a problem for many of the kids there and the church requested that we washed their heads with anti-lice shampoo!

It was hard, back-breaking work. But worthwhile nonetheless.

Thank you to all my helpers!

Who kept on smiling while the crowds just flowed in to get their heads washed.

I cannot imagine doing it without you guys!

Pesky head lice eradicated!

No comments: