Tuesday, May 5, 2009

what am I doing?

I was reading Time magazine's latest issue. Time 100 World's Most Influential People. And one of them struck a chord in me: Jon Favreau, 27. Speech writer for Obama.

This chap is the same age as me. And he's writing speeches for the President of the USA. Wow! And I have heard some speeches that Obama made. Elegant, straight forward and rousing beautiful prose. I know - it's one thing to write, another thing to write a speech and to write an elegant, straight forward and rousing speech. That is a feat. And it's coming out from a man the same age as me! Awesome.

There comes a time when one realises that the people in the news are younger than himself. Actors, singers, entrepreneurs and even news makers (those people who climb Everest or take a year off to go biking around the world), they are kinda getting younger! Or is it me getting older? So it makes me think. Have I done anything that is worthy of mention? Worthy of being in Time's 100 most influential people in the world magazine? Will I ever accomplish such a thing? Maybe not. But I must never sit and be contented with life as it is. Onward and Upward!

No comments: