Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hand Burger

Now, I am a HUGE fan of the hamburger. Nothing is more satisfying than a thick juicy slab of beef between 2 toasted buns. So while walking at Somerset 313 with a friend, I saw this new (new to me) burger joint and I had to try it!
The concept is up market canteen. Customers sit on benches without back rests (boo) and are served on custom made wooden trays with holders for the plate, drink and flatware.
I choose 'The Works' from the menu - beef, onion rings, sunny side up egg, cheddar cheese & bacon all sandwiched in between 2 buns. (or so I thought)
Turned out that the burger was piled too high with all the ingredients that it was almost impossible to balance the top bun on top.

So, the verdict? The burger was passable. Good, no doubt, but it lacked oomph. Bacon wasn't that fragrant and crispy, beef wasn't that juicy. And the burger is a working man's food meant to be enjoyed by eating it with my hands! Even for 'gourmet' burgers. Eating it with a fork & knife just robs us of this pleasure. And I cannot mix all the stuff in the burger into one satisfying mouthful!

Side dish of buffalo wings was HOT! The 'super duper extra hot' chili sauce that the wings were drenched in burned my lips and tongue and effectively numbed my taste buds for a good 15 minutes. No go.
Fries faired somewhat better... But would I revisit this place? Probably not.

No comments: