Sunday, April 25, 2010

Minty Green

Seems like the pictures didn't display nicely when this was first posted. So here is the post again!

Fashion comes and goes. But a well made shirt lasts forever. This might just be my new mantra.
Yay! I just tailored myself a shirt.

It's not from the trendiest of names - I first heard of the brand from my Dad after all - but they do have a long and proud history of shirt making. And I am quite proud to be able to participate in it.

Walking into their shop was quite exciting! So many fabrics and designs to choose from! I think one must really know what they want in their shirt before stepping into the shop, otherwise, the lunch hour is definitely not enough to order a shirt.

The fabric was a mint green 70-30 cotton polyester blend with a little texture to it. Think it's coz of my room's lighting. The colour is a little yellowish here.


Under certain lighting conditions, I would say it looks turquoise even!

I chose a classic semi spread short collar, to go with the slim cut of the shirt.

And instead of loud french cuffs, I went for pointed cuffs.

And the 2 weeks it took for the shirt to come was quite a wait! Finally I received the sms to collect the shirt and with excitement, I went down to try it on.

Well, I loved the fit of the shirt. Just that when I tried it, I reliased it's a little bit see-through - might be a bit too sexy for work... haha. Then the polyester blend fabric makes it a little warm too. But all in all, I'm quite excited to wear a mint green shirt - it's a colour that I've been trying to find off the rack but failed! It's the cool colour for Singapore's summery weather.

I think this is the beginning of an addiction to tailoring shirts.

My wallet moans.

No comments: