Friday, April 30, 2010

R burger

I am a sucker for a good burger any time.
So when I met a friend for lunch and she suggested R burger, (which I have never tried) I said yes immediately!
It's cute that all the buns are stamped with an 'R'.
I got the avocado cheese burger. Well, it should have been a safe choice. Avocado - I like. Chesse - I love. Beef - I want!

But it turned out pretty disappointing. The avocado was unripe! Hard slices on the burger, not the nice and mushy texture I was expecting. Beef was a little dry and sad. But I thought the mun-tou bun was pretty clever from the usual sourdough bun. But this was not enough to save the burger.
The buckwheat tea was a drink that tasted healthy. i.e. No sugar, slightly bitter almost herbal taste. Something that is an acquired taste.
Also pretty disappointing were the chicken toufu nuggets. There were just overly oily! I would take the fried toufu at Japanese Restaurants any day over this.


No comments: