Thursday, May 20, 2010

$18 for this??

Went to Kado Man Japanese Restaurant at Circular Road - Not a pleasant experience.
First the food. I ordered the Saba fish set. I must say that although the fish is passable, the one at Chowon Garden is even better and it's at a fraction of the cost! And there is no consistency in the restaurant. The waitress that took our order told me that my meal was a set meal which comes with a tofu and salad. But when I asked the waitress that served my fish about my toufu and salad, she said that the saba dish doesn't come in a set. OH well... maybe I misheard the waitress earlier? But when I finished my meal, the waitress sheepishly pushed a plate of toufu and salad onto my table and said - oh, got promotion. So I had to eat my toufu and salad on on its own. Boo...

But what really was not worth the money was the $18++ curry rice pork chop set! Seriously, $18??? White rice, some curry sauce (that tasted like it came out of a premix packet) a thin piece of pork chop and some pickles for $18++??

Then when it came to paying the bill which was about $65, we took out our credit card. The waitress said: oh credit card, you pay full amount, cash you pay $60. huh? It's usually credit cards that gives discounts not cash! oh well, I don't think I am visiting the place again.

No comments: