Friday, June 18, 2010

at the Mandarin Oriental

Attended a friend's wedding dinner. Shiokest wedding dinner food in a long time!

The appetizer was shrimp and lobster meat with melon balls. Yum!
The yummiest dish: Roasted pork belly. This is roasted pork belly at its best! The fat is meltingly good and the meat oh so tender! I devoured everything, fat and all. We all raved about this so much that even my friend, who was a vegetarian by choice, gave in and took a bite of the pork. And she finished the entire piece of meat!

Above is teriyaki cod fish. I thought it was a bit overcooked. The one below was chocolate lava cake. Consistency seems to be a problem with this dish. Coz some of the guests have lest when dessert came out, I had 2 helpings of it. My first one was quite dry, no molten chocolate sauce in the middle of the cake. But my second one was fabulous! Chocolate lava was oozing out from the cake when I sliced my cake. Yum!

No comments: