Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the best steamboat in town

In my humble opintion, the best steamboat in town are the ones that Coca Restaurant. The quality of the food is good (my favourites are the thin sliced beef and pork), the 'secret sauce' is excellent. But what's most important, you don't leave the resturant smelling like you just walked out of an oily restaurant. I onced went to a hole in the wall steamboat place in a Bugis shophouse and I stank when I left the restaurant. Even after showering, my hair still smelled of the steamboat restaurant.


We choose the to yam soup base - not too spicy. Good for me.

As you can see, I ate a ton of prawns. And also beef and pork...... sigh

4 comments:

ah bee said...

*salivate*
i love steamboat! and i like to prepare one at home cos i get to shop for the ingredients~ and in my opinion, leftovers tastes great the next day (okay, might be gross for some pple)

and recently i discovered that finely sliced or shabu shabu pork and beef are avail from cold storage!(">)ho ho~

Vincent said...

i agree with u on the bugis steamboat. think it's becos of the bbq, we all smell the same after visiting that area. i have switched over to geylang now, around Lor 15 area (i think). there are 3 steamboat shops around a traffic light crossing. it is ran by chinese nationals. on certain days they have free flow of can drinks and it only cost around $15-$17.

JoshLim said...

Ah Bee: oh oh!! Let have one at CNY! It's something about steamboat that reminds me about CNY.
But a bit challenging for the host when all 18 in the cell go to his/her house. haha... see how it goes...

Vincent: Coca costs $44!!! OK, I think I gotta try the one at Geylang. But driving and parking there is a headache.

ah bee said...

hey joshua, 18 pple cheapskate lah ;) i did one for my division in office during CNY 2 years ago; 2 pots filled to the brim with food! can be done~

so your house hor ;) and rem to bring me shopping!! haha