Thursday, August 26, 2010

Desserts & Coffee for tea

I was in charge of organising the semi annual gathering of my Uni friends. It's really hard to coordinate the schedules, especially among a mother, post grad student. 2 newly weds, 1 engaged and 2 hot young things still dating.

But I managed to get most down for an outing. So the next issue: where to meet? I decided on Marmalade Pantry after doing a lot of research. Coz we were meeting at 3pm. So it's wither a High Tea buffet, jostling with the crowd for seats at Starbucks, or having a nice High Tea set at one of the restaurants I've heard so much about but never tried. I choose option 3.

I did research: the online menu said that their High Tea set was served 'everyday'. So I assumed it included Saturdays. But no... When we reached there, we were told it was only weekdays. Oh well....

But I must say, the food there is pretty good. The number 1 item we ordered was most definitely the Toffee Date Pudding. Yummy, sticky, chewy, warm - it was the perfect pudding. And the touch of cold vanilla ice cream against the warm pudding was just heavenly.

Next was a HUGE Chocolate Fudge cake which was better served warm. Word of advise: order to share. :)
The carrot cake with cream cheese topping was quite good too. But not as impressionable was the pudding and the chocolate cake.
Oh... I also judge a restaurant by the quality of coffee they serve and I am please to say that Marmalade Pantry's coffee meets the mark. It's full bodied and aromatic. The perfect pick me up on a lazy Saturday afternoon spent catching up with old friends.

No comments: