Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another outing to You Tiao Da Wang

The last time I went to You Tiao Da Wang, I ordered up a feast. This time round, there were more of us which translates to more food ordered!
First up - the fried egg and prok floss biscuit. I don't know why my friends ordered it again. It was wayyy to dry the last time round and it has not improved.

Next up: meat balls wrapped in tang yuan like floor balls. Delicious? It was a little blend for my liking. It was just too starchy and salty. There was no flavour in the meat.

Of coz, the You Tiao, after which the place is named is a popular item. I think this place is beginning to take their popularity for granted coz the You Tiao was a little stale - meaning that it was probably cooked a long time ago and left to sit on the counter before it was delivered to us.

The thing about them is that for chilled Soy Bean drinks, it is already pre-sweeteed and it's REALLY sweet. So for a less sweet version, one must order a lukewarm or warm version of the drink. No cool.

Lastly, the tao huay is not as silken smooth as I remembered it to be. Sigh

No comments: