Friday, September 10, 2010

The Viet Inspired Deli

I love the baguette. It’s my favourite bread! And I am fascinated by how the Vietnamese and Cambodians have woven this French bread into their local cuisine. I haven’t been to Vietnam so I don’t know how the baguette tastes like there. But when I was in Cambodia, their version is a lot airier and its crust was flakier, something like a croissant’s. I remember the baguettes in France were crustier and had a more dense and chewy texture.

The Vietnamese make a mean sandwich with the baguette. And the ones that Baguette The Viet Inspired Deli are great!


I chose The Saiam – 3 slices of oriental spiced Australian ham, parsley, cucumber and marinated vegetables come together to make a delightful sandwich! Just that the piece of chilli you see there burned my tounge a little...

No comments: