Monday, March 17, 2008

more of NYC!


the day began with a subway ride downtown. See how Yap blends in well with the locals!

The financial district of NYC!

And at Wall St, the NY Stock Exchange where billions of shares are traded daily...

A few streets away is the WTC site. Visited a small memorial center for the site and I was struck by the tragedy of the 3000 over lives lost that day.

Also, I took the Staten Island Ferry (free!) to Staten Island. Well, not that there's anything to see on the island, but the views of Manhattan was fantastic!

Also got to see the Statue of Liberty along the way...

Then, I walked on the Brooklyn bridge and took in the beautiful sights of the city.

I'm telling everyone that walking the Brooklyn bridge is one of the must dos of NYC.

See ya NYC! You can bet I'll be back there again!

No comments: