Monday, May 12, 2008

Pesonal Challenge


Imelda Marcos had a collection of shoes. Joshua Lim's collection is getting quite sizeable. Must limit buying shoes. Hence from now on, I tell myself that I can only buy Italian shoes. Why? Coz they are expensive and I'll buy less coz it's expensive. Think of it as quality over quantity. So from now on, anything new anchoring Joshua will be a pair of nice Italian shoes.

Same thing I told myself some time ago for ice cream. No more cheap ice cream for Joshua. My rationale is that if I wanna eat those calories, I better make them count and really enjoy those calories I'm taking in. And it has worked! I no longer feel the urge to eat Walls, Kings or Magnolia ice cream (ewww... mass produced).

Aiyo, but when I went to the USA, I realised that Haagen Dazs is rather cheap, and the calculative Singaporean in me mentally calculated all the money I can save by eating Haagen Dazs, instead of calculating of all the calories I would be taking in.... So I ended up finishing something like 12 tubs of ice cream in 6 weeks... Oh help.

No comments: