Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Bishop's favourite restaurant

We were in the Serangoon area looking for a place to eat and my dad suddenly pointed out - that restaurant there is our Bishop John Chew's favourite restaurant. And it was decided, we were going there to find out what this Yuan Xing teochew restaurant was all about.

We ordered Goose meat, Kong Ba Bao and Spinach. The verdict: My Bishop has good taste in food!

IMG_1297
The restaurant was pretty generous with the goose meat. The meat was juicy - just that the layer of oil floating on the sauce was a put off to me. But I can look pass that and enjoy the meat and also the tou fu.

Spinach was also good.

IMG_1298
But my favourite was the Kong Ba Bao! Shiok! And although I know it's bad for me, I took it as it was, fat and all. The meat and the fat was melt-in-your-mouth. And the bun went well with the saltiness of the meat and sauce.

IMG_1301

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks dam good !!!

tj