Friday, March 12, 2010

Unhealthy Yong Tau Fu

Normally, I would take Yong Tau Fu in a food court when I am feeling that I should go on a diet after eating a few rich or heavy meals. So when I was introduced to THE unhealthy yong tau fu - where everything was fried - I was a bit skeptical. Why would people wanna eat yong tau fu where all the ingredients were deep fried?

IMG_1303
Now, I was very pleasantly surprised when I was at Fu Lin Tou Tu Yuan. The items were very fresh! Usually, those at the food court would taste stale. I once bit into sour tou fu - not the most pleasant experience. Besides the freshness, I actually appreciated that the items were deep fried! It added a nice crispy edge to the silken tou fu and other items! I likie.

IMG_1304
Now the only small complains were that the 'special meat & mushroom sauce' was mostly sauce and lacked the meat and mushrooms. But hey, the sauce was free, so no big complains. Also they only had it in thick bee hoon, which I am not a fan of, or rice. I would have very much liked it with yellow noodles.

IMG_1305
But all in all, it was a great meal!

No comments: