Sunday, July 18, 2010

at the Beach Road market

For someone who once was a regular, my friend was amazed that I have never set foot in the army market and the Beach Road market beneath it.

All I can say is that I keep my stuff in order and I don't have a need to visit there to get a M16 firing pin.



But when I had to ferry my friend to the Golden Mile complex across the road to catch the bus to Malaysia, we decided to pop into the market to have our dinner and boy was I pleased we did so!


There's this little Thai Chinese stall. As a rule of thumb, stalls with laminated newspaper cutouts or framed pictures of celebrities visiting the stall should be pretty good and this is no exception.
Ton Yam Soup was tangy and yummy!
Kang Kong was fresh!
Fried chicken was really satisfying and very well done!
Calamari was beautiful! Chewy flesh with crispy batter. Yum!
We also ordered a bowl of lamb soup from another stall. It was beyond fabulous! The lamb was fall-off-the-bone tender and the herbal soup was delicious! Pity the stall was closing and moving away.
The best thing: it's price! Everything cost us $35.

No comments: