Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boon Tong Kee

I think it is really tough to find a good place to eat in Orchard Road ater 9:30pm. That's when all the stores close and since the Orchard Road is a shopping mall belt, when the malls close, the restaurants in the malls also have to shut down.

So one day after a movie at Lido, we were stuck. Starving in Orchard at 9:30 with no food options. THat's when I thought of River Valley Road where a there's stretch of shop houses with eateries that open till late.

We decided on Boon Tong Kee. I haven't had that in ages. THey are famous for their chicken rice. Well, the chicken was good. Tender and the skin is so sinfully gooey and fatty and shiok as it slithers down my throat.
The rice is served in cute little pyramids.
Congee is just the way I like it!
Fried toufu was beautifully done. Crispy on the outside, velvety smooth on the inside.
and the oyster sauce vegetables was crunchy.
Last item was prawn omelette. Yummy fresh prawns and eggs! But I found it a little too oily.
That meal set us back $17.50 per person. I think it's pretty hefty. I guess it's the price I have to pay for a good late night dinner near town.

No comments: