Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ebisboshi

At the top floor of Illuma is Ebisboshi restaurant. The unique things about this Japanese restaurant is the method of ordering food. Patrons are given a pen (that talks) and you are supposed to point on the menu, the item you want to order and then enter the order. Fun. But a fun way of ordering food didn't save the meal from being an enjoyable one.

I ordered the fried beef udon and clams combi meal. I it was the most substantial order among the rest of my friends. My unfortunate friends orders were minuscule. But my substantial portions of food were not great. The beef was tough and overcooked. Plus the whole dish was way too oily.

The clams didn't fair well either. They were almost tasteless and probable just added as an after thought to the dish.
I think the novelty of ordering food in the restaurant will wear off soon. They need to improve on the quality of food in order to retain customers. Otherwise, a fun way of ordering food will not draw people back.

No comments: