Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You say Apple, I say Bees

It was Moses's birthday and we went to Applebees to celebrate!
When I was Syracuse, I also went to an Applebee's outlet, so I kinda knew what to expect. The most important lesson was that this is an American Restaurant, so portions will be HUGE and it's best not to order 1 mains for everyone.

We decided to order 3 mains and 1 appetizer. But only 2 mains and the appetizer arrived - the forgot to enter in our order of 3 cheese chicken pasta. But it was ok coz we were really full from the food that came.

The appetizer was a sampler of their (from fight to left) mini cheese burgers, fried shrimp and nachos with spinach dip. The cheese burgers were a tiny bit dry. But the fried ship was plump, juicy and really good! I found the spinach dip a tiny bit salty.
The best dish was the burger! It was a shiok combination of ground beef, diced tomatoes (ala Mexican style) and some flat bread. Yum!!! It was juicy and yummy!
The steak & chicken fajita was good too. But since the same dish at Chili's comes with mushrooms, I think Chili's wins for this dish.

No comments: