Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One man's trash

I was walking to Amoy Market one day for lunch. I would pass by a stretch of shop houses. Normally I wouldn't walk in the sheltered pavement because it's narrow. But that particular day was extremely hot so I walked in the pavement to avoid the blazing sun. That's what I noticed this little shop along Telok Ayer Street.
What first caught my eye was some vintage posters displayed along the pavement. Then I looked in the shop and it was packed to the brim with vintage stuff! Photographs, clocks, lamps, menus, teapots, telephones... you name it, they probably have it!
But these things don't come cheap. A poster cost $200. I didn't have time to really explore the shop but I think it's hiding a lot of treasure, just waiting to be discovered!

No comments: