Friday, October 1, 2010

Galbiati Gourmet Deli

I LOVE this restaurant. Good quality Italian at pretty reasonable prices. And it's super near my home!

Their grilled vegetables never fails. Neat slices of eggplant, peppers, asparagus grilled to perfection and drenched in olive oil. Yum.

Tried their Stuffed Eggplant. I think it's just eggplant scooped out, mixed with tomatoes and cheeses then reassembled into the shell and baked. Super delicious vegetarian option - although I wished that the skin of the eggplant was a little less tough.

Next up was a simple dish of pasta tossed with sauteed mushrooms and herbs. The key to this dish is the quality of ingredients. Everything has to be fresh and of the best quality and I am happy to say it passed with flying colours here.

And the last and my most favourite dish for that dinner was the Squid Ink Pasta with Crabmeat, tomatoes and cream sauce. It was heavenly!!! The sauce with its sweet sour and slightly heavy texture was delicious. The crabmeat was as light as air and very fresh. The squid ink pasta was al dente-ed to perfection! I am still salivating while thinking about it.

I

No comments: