Saturday, October 2, 2010

At Tai Chong

The old people in my church tells me that in their youth, Tai Chong was THE happening place to be. There was a mall, cinema, open space to see and be seen and a food center buzzing with life.

Today, the food center is a little run down. I think it'll be a matter of time before it's refurbished. But in this run down food center, there are a few gems like this Claypot Rice stall. There is only a few items in the menu: claypot rice and a few soups and vegetables. But what they do they do it very well.

The claypot rice was really good. The portions of rice and ingredients are very generous. The chicken was chunky, chinese sausages was plenty and vegetables were fresh and crunchy. I also liked the bits of salted fish thrown in. It gave the dish a nice kick!

I had the Pig Stomach and Ribs soup. POWER! The soup was really good! Full bodied and extremely flavourful, it's everything a Chinese soup should be!

Vegetables were pretty good too!

Also ordered fried dumpling from another stall. Not the best I've tasted. The skin was a little too think and floury. Plus the minced pork fillings was a little flat.

No comments: