Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Modesto's at Orchard Parade

When I was younger, I thought Modesto's at Orchard Parade Hotel was a fantastic restaurant! On the wall hangs certificate after certificate of Best Restaurant from various food magazines. These certificates still hung on its walls when I visited it a few days back. But I noticed that they were dated many many years ago.

So what happened? Has the restaurant seen its hay days? I think so. The food was horrible. The appetizer was an uninspiring mix of 'Italian' appetizers served American style (that is a bit of everything sampler). Food wasn't fresh or good quality.

Then was the pizza. This was quite acceptable. Wood fired, nicely charred at the side. But I thought it lacked something...

But the worst dish of the night was their seafood pasta. It was TERRIBLE! Seafood wasn't fresh. The pasta was undercooked. The sauce was watery and thin. Totally not worth it!

I don't know whether my taste buds have grown more sophisticated over the years or it's a case of the restaurant dropping in standards after winning all their awards. But I don't think I will visit there again.

No comments: